Beth Green is a counselor and teacher of tremendous depth and breadth. She fearlessly confronts traditional beliefs that don’t serve, lends her powerful intuitive skills to piercing people’s facades and helps liberate them from destructive and self-destructive patterns. To achieve these ends, Beth has developed many innovative and original modalities and tools that help individuals and collectives achieve greater wellbeing and awareness.
She is an author of fiction and nonfiction, a composer, workshop leader, counselor, consultant, teacher, mentor and pioneer in the application of the intuitive process to guide us in all areas of our lives. Now she is branching more into the media with Inner Revolutionary Radio and Beth Green TV. Whether on radio, on TV or via video conferencing, Beth is available to anyone in the world via the internet.
Beth is not afraid to confront herself or us; nor has she been afraid to confront conventional wisdom, even when her perspectives have been extremely unpopular. This includes her teaching that “God” is not perfect and humanity sinful; rather “God” is evolving and so are we. (See her book Sacred Union: The Healing of God.) Her teachings also conflict with many popular New Age/New Thought teachings, such as positive thinking, manifestation consciousness and the idea that we create reality.
Some of the threads that run through her work are:
- Being real and unflinchingly honest about what we see and feel
- Understanding ourselves in the context of the whole, always focusing on the collective nature of consciousness, how alike we are and the importance of collective change
- Being transparent about ourselves and acknowledging our individual and collective dysfunctions
- Probing the roots of our dysfunction through self-examination, as well as through a more general understanding of human consciousness as delineated in her seminal work, the book Living with Reality, which presents a clear understanding of the ego and its relationship to survival, while offering a pathway for change
- Dedicating our efforts to what she calls Becoming Becoming: transforming ourselves in alignment with our authentic nature to whatever degree is possible on an ongoing basis
- Creating mutual support systems to enable and sustain these changes
- Having compassion for ourselves and others, recognizing the difficulty of change, because it challenges our survival-based egoic behavior
- Confronting any beliefs, including spiritual belief systems, that feed delusion, ego and separation and which do not serve our highest good and the highest good of all
- Cultivating higher consciousness in a way that supports everyday life
A spiritual innovator and original thinker, Beth has always been a revolutionary. Born in New York City in 1945, she became a social activist at the age of nine, this despite the repressive political environment of McCarthyism. Already at that young age, she espoused unpopular causes, hoping to help alleviate inhumanity and suffering. In 1961, at the age of 16, she wrote a heart-felt letter to the New York Times calling us to consciousness about nuclear proliferation. The letter was published around the world and led to her expulsion from an Ivy League college, which she was attending on scholarship. Despite this very painful setback, she remained a devoted activist, intensely participating in the anti-Vietnam War movement and a variety of other struggles for social and economic justice. Her last political commitment was as the West Coast coordinator of the Wages for Housework campaign 1974-1978, advocating the social empowerment of women through their economic equality.
After many years of devotion to social revolution, Beth had a spiritual awakening in 1978 at the age of 33 and a psychic awakening two years later. Since that time, she has been guided by an inner voice connected to higher consciousness and a total devotion to authentic spirituality. Having turned her focus to the inner revolution, Beth in no way lessened her concern for the wellbeing and evolution of others. On the contrary, when she discovered her spiritual power and phenomenal intuitive gift, she used them to bring through and develop new teachings and a new world of modalities to effect real change on the individual and collective levels.
Some Career Highlights - (Details can be found on different pages of this website)
- Since 1980, Beth has been an intuitively-guided counselor for individuals and groups with tremendous insight into the minds and souls of her clients. She is totally committed to their self-awareness and healing, even when they are resistant. She now works live and via videoconferencing with the assistance of her husband, James Maynard, who supports the process with hypnotherapeutic methods when appropriate.
- In 1983, she founded The Stream, now TheInnerRevolution.org, a nonprofit educational organization committed to transparency, mutual support and living oneness through the tools and practices that have come through her. TheInnerRevolution.org is dedicated to promoting the New Spirituality, as Beth has defined it and as outlined in The New Spirituality section of this website.
- In the early 1990s, she founded and led the Triple Eye Foundation for Intuition, Intervention, Integration, dedicated to training people to apply intuition to all arenas of life and work – from individual counseling to business consulting, acting and martial arts.
- Following the dissolution of The Triple Eye Foundation, in 1993 she founded the Spiritual Activist Movement, whose purpose was to unite people around three basic spiritual principles. Without the internet, the campaign was premature, but it was the precursor of many spiritual activist thrusts that followed it.
- In 1999, she reinvigorated The Stream, which had dissolved in the mid-1980s. The Stream incorporated, spread and flourished as a community committed to transformation.
- In 2005, she developed LifeForce, the Inner Workout, an innovative mind-body-spirit exercise program available free on the internet. A believer that the body, mind and spirit are co-creations, Beth has always emphasized that no aspect of us is superior to others and has honored the role of the body in consciousness, starting in the early 1980s, when she provided people with intuited personalized food plans and exercise programs.
- In 2010, she and fellow TheInnerRevolution.org member Todd Benton formed a consulting firm, Reality for a Change, whose purpose was to bring higher consciousness into business. Beth has continued to do intuitive business consulting, focusing on integrity and the need for personal transformation to change the many self-defeating patterns found in business and other organizations.
- In 2011, she and husband James Maynard co-founded Consciousness Boot Camp (CBC), an ongoing internet-based transformational program promoting healing, learning, training and service. Led by Beth, CBC is innovative, ever-evolving and based on Beth’s teaching that salvation is collective, not personal.
- In 2013, she launched InsideOut Radio on VoiceAmerica.com, a free weekly mini-workshop that helps people transform while laughing their heads off! She uses her wisdom, wit and intuitive gift to help people right on the air. This is part of her ongoing commitment to developing ways to reach the collective through Beth Green Media.
- In 2013, she founded the Beth Green School of Intuitive Counseling. The school provides comprehensive training based on her over 30 years of experience teaching and supervising laypeople and therapists to maximize their intuitive and counseling skills. In addition, Beth’s husband James Maynard has been instrumental in incorporating hypnotherapy practices and skills into the school’s curriculum. She is now making this training available entirely online for those who cannot work with her in-person but who can do the live part via videoconferencing.
- In 2014, she and James started producing InsideOut TV, hosted by Beth as part of Beth Green TV, a channel on YouTube. Like InsideOut Radio, InsideOut TV takes advantage of Beth’s warmth, directness, spiritual power and humor to help people see themselves more clearly and transform. She also has numerous teaching videos online to support people’s awareness.
- In 2015, Beth launched TheInnerRevolution.org, a movement to support the inner changes that bring higher consciousness and healing to our world.
- Beth has published 5 books, 2 fiction and 3 non-fiction. These books are moving, intense, enlightening, funny, emotionally powerful and carry her teachings in ways that people can clearly understand. All her books are available via Amazon.com.
- She has also composed and performed 3 CDs of original music that carry listeners through spiritual and emotional states that are heartfelt and transcendental. Two are available via CDBaby as well as Amazon.com, and one is available as a free download on this website.
- More and more Beth is using the internet to reach people. Taking advantage of 21st century technology, Beth works with people through videoconferencing, and all her programs can be accessed through the internet, including live groups under her direction.
Beth as a Counselor and Teacher
Beth’s vast life experience coupled with her spiritual connection bring her a unique take on our lives and our world. She pulls no punches. In fact through all her work, she has confronted humanity’s me-based, destructive and self-destructive patterns and called us to a higher consciousness. Yet she has done so with understanding, compassion and tools that work. Her favorite saying is “I am that!” because she emphasizes our alikeness and even discloses her own inner process and challenges whenever she teaches and shares.
Beth’s Growing Outreach & Recognition
Beth’s work is becoming more known nationally and internationally. For example, she was one of only 28 luminaries in the fields of science and spirituality to be included in The New Science & Spirituality Reader, co-edited by Kingsley Dennis and Prof. Ervin Laszlo, who was twice nominated for the Nobel Prize. Beth’s articles, columns and blogs have appeared in a variety of venues, including magazines, such Awareness, Light of Consciousness, The Life Connection and Vision, and The San Diego News Network, where she was a regular columnist. Until recently, Beth was a frequent blogger on The Huffington Post and had a monthly column, plus videos, on the print and online versions of The LifeConnection. But Beth has let go of her many writing responsibilities to focus on internet radio and television as well as training intuitive counselors. Beth is also a dynamic speaker and has been interviewed over 100 times in the media around the country.
Beth as a Person
Perhaps the most astonishing personal fact about this gifted, prolific woman is that for well over 50 years, Beth has dealt with chronic pain and debilitating illness (she became chronically ill at the age of 15). How does she do it? If you question Beth as to how she has faced her many obstacles and been able to keep up her spirits, she will tell you her secrets:
- She cares. Her desire to help others and her never-ceasing thirst to develop more effective healing modalities have propelled her on a path to her own evolution.
- Her optimism. Never daunted by obstacles, Beth always believes the best is yet to come.
- Her community. To thrive, we all need support, including challenges to our egos. TheInnerRevolution.org, her husband and life have provided her with both!
- Her connection to higher consciousness.
Beth currently lives with her husband and partner James at their beautiful wooded sanctuary in Oregon, where they do their work and enjoy the company of the deer, wild turkey, trees, friends and dogs Lilly and Mojo. She and James found each other at Christmas, 2010. It’s a joyous time in both their lives.
Check out this website for more details on Beth’s work.