Giving the Gift of Peace is a program of receiving and giving, a way to make a positive statement about peace in these difficult times. It’s a way to support peace on our planet by supporting peace within ourselves and others.
We all need peace – peace in our hearts, peace in our homes, peace in our communities and peace in our world. The music on this album is a gift of peace.
The Gift of Peace was composed and performed by our Founder, Beth Green. In sharing it with others, we saw the impact it had. Whether people listened as individuals or as a group, they found it beautiful, soothing and relaxing. Even when we were feeling stressed, the sounds and energy of this music brought us to a quiet center.
This experience gave birth to Giving The Gift of Peace, a donation-based program, which has been continuing since 2003! We give The Gift of Peace to you, and you give The Gift of Peace to others. It’s pay-it-forward in action. Our funds and contacts are limited, but together we can make it happen.
How You Give The Gift of Peace
- Listen to the music and transmit the peace you experience.
- Download the album and give it to others.
- Think of people you can give them to, people who might be able to pass them on to other individuals, organizations, institutions or radio stations. (We are asking for no royalties.)
- Make a tax-deductible donation to TheInnerRevolution.Org.
These are some of the ways people have already given The Gift of Peace.
- Playing them in shops and putting out CDs, along with a donation basket and a flyer regarding our program.
- Doing the same at the offices of doctors, massage therapists and others.
- Paying shipping and handling to send a large quantity to someone else, who can distribute them.
- Contacting the media about playing the album, doing a story about The Gift of Peace and interviewing Beth Green.
- Making donations of money and services to TheInnerRevolution.Org.
- Giving them as holiday presents to clients and customers.
- Using them as premiums in pledge drives for other nonprofit organizations.
- Playing them in hospitals
Please look below to see some of the folks who have already contributed.
Please share your comments and ideas about Giving the Gift of Peace. If you would like to contact us personally with questions or thoughts, please write to Helen Hillix at email@example.com. These comments will not be posted. By letting us know how you are giving The Gift of Peace, we can share that information with others.
Thanks, and peace to you.
Helen Hillix & Rose Evans
Co-Coordinators of Giving the Gift of Peace
Hear Beth Green’s unique and beautiful blend of classical and New Age elements. Beth plays the keyboard, and the songs combine piano and synthesized sounds. One unusual aspect of Beth’s musical history is that she studied classical piano until she was 15, when she became chronically ill and could not return to the piano. In her 50s she discovered the power of an electric keyboard and sequencer to enable her to overcome her physical disabilities. Back to music after over 35 years, Beth became a composer, infusing her music with her deep sense of spirituality. This program was developed as a meditation.
Copyright to the music and recording belong to Beth Green, 2002. All use and reproduction of this music is permitted without charge. The only conditions are that you credit Beth Green and inform people that this music is free and available through TheInnerRevolution.Org and Giving the Gift of Peace.
If possible, please mention www.TheInnerRevolution.Org, so that others can learn more about the project, download their own album and become involved in giving The Gift of Peace to others. If you reproduce this music, please reproduce it in its original form.
It’s Up to Us
Your distribution and support of The Gift of Peace is the way it will spread. Please participate. Be creative in how your using it and where you’re sending it. Then let us know how you’re experiencing and passing on this gift. Thanks so very much. Be in touch.
Contributors to the Production of The Gift of Peace
Folks who have contributed to the CD’s production:
Giving the Gift of Peace was conceived by Beth Green. All music composed and performed by Beth on her Ensoniq keyboard/synthesizer. Beth Green and Christopher Minor made a cash donation to seed the project. The music was engineered and mastered by Paul Carman. Paul also donated some of his time. All graphic design was donated by Pawlak Design. The CDs were manufactured by CD Forge. CD Forge also donated a portion of its profits. Production donated by Rising Mountain Press, P.O. Box 3174, Idyllwild, CA 92549
Thanks to all the above for making The Gift of Peace possible.
Supporters of Giving the Gift of Peace
There are many people to thank for their support. Following is a list to give you an idea of who has helped. These are examples only. We can’t possibly list everyone who is helping or has helped in the past. We will try to list all the businesses that we know about.
TheInnerRevolution.Org’s prior Board members: Rose Evans, Beth Green, Bob Hettiger, Helen Hillix, Sarah Mason, Erica Myers and Irene Townsend. Helen and Rose Evans are the volunteer Co-Cooordinators of Giving the Gift of Peace. Thank you both.
Eric Van der Wyk, King Tet Productions, Computer-Related Music Services, gave us a discount in making mp3 webpages.
KPFK, listener-sponsored radio. 90.7 FM, Los Angeles, used The Gift of Peace in their fall fund drive.
The following businesses are distributing or have distributed The Gift of Peace and asked for donations:
- Nature’s Wisdom, a health-ful store supplying superior quality and organic supplements, vitamins and herbs, Idyllwild, CA
- Dr. Eric Spratt, Network Chiropractor, in Temecula, CA
- Lucy in the Sky…a fantasy store for children in Ojai
- Elisa Culatti, energy worker, Medicine Wheel teacher and counselors, Ramona, CA
- Usha, yoga instructor in Ramona, CA
- Cynthia Armbrister, Holistic Health Practitioner, Ramona, CA
- EWORLDWIRE is donating some of their press release distribution services.
- Anne Sermon Gillis of Houston, Texas, founder of the EZosophy Philosophy, in various venues throughout the U.S.
- Prato brought CDs to Holland. Franck helped with translations so we could send our press release French independent music stations.
- And thanks to Melissa Hine, a thousand CDs arrived in Los Angeles, CA, ready to be distributed.
Many others too numerous to mention have helped with donations and other forms of support. Thanks.