On Sunday, May 31st, a group of evolutionaries gathered from all walks of life to take another step forward in our march toward higher collective consciousness: the conference Turning Crisis Into Opportunity: Co-Creating Our World.
At the conference, we discussed how the traditional ways in which we operate — ways based on fear and self-protection — have created a world of people who feel stressed and alone, and these feelings in turn lead us into destructive and self-destructive behaviors. Most of us blame ourselves, thinking there’s something wrong with “us,” when we can’t control our behavior or reach our potential. Few of us think in terms of the big picture of human of consciousness, how we are designed, how we are programmed and trained, how we relate and how the structures of society help keep us stuck.
We also examined how our me-based goals and short-term thinking have impacted our own well being as well as the well being of others. We saw how, ironically, acting in ways that are designed to get us validation, recognition, attention or immediate gratification actually leave us empty and cost us our health, our relationships and our careers–in other words, stop us from reaching our full potential.
Later, we re-connected to the dreams we had as children, to discuss the world we wished to co-create. We were reminded that this dream is possible to achieve and that this is the time to make the change. And we worked together to outline the steps to do it.
Out of this remarkable space of co-creation, we also birthed:
The Twelve Steps to Unleashing the Power of The Source On Earth
How can we wake up to divine intelligence? How can we overcome the domination of our fears, our minds and our egos, so that we can be willing to hear The Source ourselves and to hear The Source through one another? What are the steps we need to take to reach beyond our narrow limitations and reach for the sky?
1. Acknowledge that as children, we all had a vision of a better world, a vision that most of us abandoned as unrealistic, unreachable, unachievable.
2. Realize that we have felt overwhelmed and discouraged by the sheer breadth of human dysfunction and its consequences, and that the resultant discouragement, in conjunction with our fear of negative consequences, has caused most of us to give up on our dreams.
3. Reconnect to the vision and regain hope, recognizing that there are not a million problems; there is only one: the current state of human consciousness.
4. Recognize that our consciousness can change.
5. Admit to ourselves that we don’t know how to solve our social and personal problems through our minds alone, but we can connect to the higher consciousness capable of helping us all.
6. Commit to changing ourselves so that, individually and collectively, we can learn how to tap into that divine intelligence.
7. Acknowledge that we already know how! Because Source has already guided us.
8. Dedicate ourselves to living with reality in co-creation with The Source in every aspect of our lives.
9. Practice the platforms embodied in Living with Reality, the book, even when we don’t want to, and embrace the tools we already have, such as the books, programs, tools, techniques and practices of The Stream.
10. Commit to utilizing the support systems we have already developed, and co-create more when and where needed.
11. Courageously offer these steps to others, so that we may support the collective to be available to higher wisdom and mutual support.
12. Unleash the power of The Source on this earth, so that, together, we can co-create the world we want.
Is this task too big? Is it too hard to take on the whole of human consciousness? No. Our problem is not that we dreamed too big and failed. We didn’t dream big enough. Instead of taking on the whole endeavor of shifting human consciousness, we shrank back from the challenge, either focusing on our personal lives or small bits of the whole. The current economic crisis has forced us to see what has been true all along, that we have been living a collective hallucination, and that we have all suffered on a deep emotional and spiritual plane. We know we need to learn to live with reality in a higher state of consciousness. Let’s do it, and let’s teach it. Let’s not shrink now.